Call us: +91 9920715900 (9:00 AM - 6:30 PM - IST)

Education System in the UK

Most universities in the UK prefer international students who hold an International English Language Testing System (IELTS) certificate. TOEFL (IBT), Cambridge English, and Pearson Test of English (PTE) might not be accepted by all institutions. Since the education system in the UK consists of 4 levels, it is advisable that you compare these levels to that in your respective home country, to understand the level at which you should join.

Postgraduate Courses:

  • Master’s Degree (Taught or Research),
  • Postgraduate Diplomas
  • Postgraduate Certificates of Education (PGCE)
  • Professional Degrees

Undergraduate Courses

  • Bachelor’s: Honours and ordinary degrees,
  • Other Undergraduate Courses: Foundation degrees, SVQ, NVQ, Higher National Diploma HND, NHC, etc.

An undergraduate course usually takes 3 years to finish, while Scotland makes it takes 4 years to finish an undergraduate course.

Sandwich Courses: Universities offer 4-year undergraduate courses, these programs include one year in a workplace, usually in the third year.

Few UK universities offer fast-track programs where you can obtain a Master’s degree at the undergraduate level. Students can attend an additional year. Combination courses are very intense because there are shorter holiday breaks with a heavy schedule to keep up with.

It is also important to meet the entry requirements which vary across universities and courses.

Depending on your course, this can range between exam grades, qualifications, and aptitude tests.

Also, check out Study in UK.

Planning to study abroad?

Fill in your details and we’ll call you back.