The government of New Zealand allows all Indians students to enter the country for the purpose of education provided they have a valid visa. The type of visa issued varies, and depends on factors such as age, duration, and nature of your course.
Fee Paying Student Visa
Students holding this visa are allowed to study full-time for up to three years work part-time.
Exchange Student Visa
Students who are part of an approved student exchange program can study in New Zealand full-time for up to four years.
Foreign Government Supported Student Visa
Students who are on a scholarship or a foreign government loan can study full-time for up to four years in New Zealand.
Pathway Student Visa
If you hold this visa, you are allowed to study in New Zealand for up to five years for 3 consecutive courses and work part-time.
In order to qualify for a student’s visa for New Zealand you will be required to have
- A valid passport
- Proof of acceptance from a university in New Zealand that is approved by the New Zealand Qualifications Authority
- Records of past academic degrees and certifications
- Proof of payment of tuition fees
- Visa application fees
- Proof of funds
- Evidence that you will leave the country after your course
- Character certificate from the local police if you are over the age of 17 and intend to stay for more than 2 years
- A CHEST x-ray if you are from a country that’s got s high occurrence of TB.
- Medical certification of health
In addition to the above, you may also have to appear for a personal interview at the New Zealand embassy or consulate.
You will also need to furnish proof of proficiency in the English language, through test results of IELTS.